Here is some stuff I have been reading that I thought folks might like:
- March 27th - Seriously, why are they so obsessed with rape metaphors? - I think this is a really great analysis of some of the doublespeak about both sexual assault and politics.
- March 26th - Huge, Organized, International Child Sex Ring Exposed - This is really a great write up of a recent news item with a slightly different spin.
- March 25th - Newsweek takes a look at sexism 40 years after major lawsuit - "The sexist assumption that women are “for” sex with men underlies both accusations/insinuations. If you’re good-looking, you’re seen as somehow exploiting men’s sexual interest, but if you’re not, it’s assumed you only work hard because your true purpose in life as a sex object has been taken from you and you’re bitter. "
- March 25th - See you at the movies - I hadn't heard about the cancellation, but otoh I hadn't watched in years - but I like where he thinks it will go next.
- March 24th - Exclusive: Lt. Dan Choi on His Arrest Over DADT - Newsweek.com - this is a really great interview - especially when he talks about how he thinks about activism
- March 23rd - Ailes Tells Staff: Stop Picking on Glenn Beck - Ya know you've got to be off the deep-end when Fox News folks think you are bat-shit insane.
- March 23rd - Real vs. unreal Americans - " but what’s interesting is that in order to justify these claims to the right to armed rebellion, conservatives have to claim to be speaking for a majority. But of course, the problem with this is that Democrats won and won big. How do they reconcile their views with these unfortunate facts?"